We are excited to tell you that we are open once again and welcome you back! We have always prided ourselves in providing a safe and clean environment, but in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
We are currently in Phase 2 of the BC Government’s Re-opening Plan and our office will be focussing on dealing with emergencies initially, prioritizing appointments based on severity. If you had contacted Dr. Oliveros with an emergency during the closure a team member will be contacting you in the next few days. If you have been able to manage with medication we may continue with pharmaceutical therapy.
You will notice changes to our scheduling as well as our workflow protocol. First, we will be contacting you 48-72 hours prior to your appointment (phone or email) and ask you a set of health-related questions. YOU MUST complete this questionnaire prior to the appointment. We will need to reschedule if anyone in your household has had flu-like symptoms, tested positive for COVD-19, or traveled in the last 14 days. (Please note that we will be asking you to complete the questionnaire again upon arrival at the clinic)
We have implemented the following changes to the office to enhance our infection control and patient management:
- At the beginning of each shift ALL team members are to do a daily health screening including temperature readings.
- Only patients with appointments and one guardian permitted into the clinic. When you arrive at the clinic we ask you stay in your car and wait for a team member to call you when we are ready to bring you in. If you cannot wait in your car or outside the clinic we have arranged our seating to maintain social distancing
- Team member will take patient’s temperature upon entering the clinic
- We have removed all books, magazines, toys in the waiting room
- Hand sanitizer is provided for your use as you enter the clinic
- ALL patients are required to wear a mask upon entering the clinic. If you do not have a mask we can provide one for you at a small cost
- Counter protective barriers were installed at the reception desk
- Hand washing/hand sanitizing is required by both patients and team prior to appointments
- Patients are provided a pre-rinse just prior to treatment to reduce exposure to germs.
- We will require extra time between patients to allow for enhanced disinfection of all surfaces in the operatory
- Surgically Clean Air filtration units to be installed in the operatories and waiting room
- Clinical staff will be donned with enhanced PPE’s (masks, face shields, gowns)
- Longer appointment times to allow completion of treatment in the safest and most comprehensive manner
- Regular intervals of disinfection of reception desk and waiting area
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages
Dr. Robert Oliveros and staff